Are you looking for (better) ways to invest your hard-earned cash? Or, are you someone who is still considering whether investing is for you or not? In either case, we are going to talk about one often overlooked investment vehicle that you can take advantage of – if you do it right.
Have you ever heard of offshore investing? Perhaps you have read it somewhere in the news or financial publications, bu let us explain what offshore investing is.
What is offshore investing ?
To put it simply :
Offshore investing is all about using a diverse method of investments for growing your assets in a jurisdiction that is not your home country or country of residence.
Offshore investing jurisdictions are typically the countries that are more stable politically and ecomomically, as well as having attractive business and investment laws and regulations.
Some reputable offshore jurisdictions include as St. Vincent and The Grenadines (SVG), Jersey (part of the British Isles,) Puerto Rico, Hong Kong, and Singapore – to name a few.
Why offshore investing is beneficial for you ?
Offshore investing is beneficial – and arguably better than onshore investing – due to the undeniable facts that offshore jurisdictions allow legitimate investors to access the features that is only available to offshore investors, such as :
- Diverse type of investments, products and services that are not accessible or available in your home country.
- Better wealth protection made available by the secure, pro-investor and highly-regulated markets and exchanges.
- Possible tax advantages, especially offered by offshore jurisdictions that are considered as tax havens.
- A lifebuoy when things go wrong in your home country.
- Accommodating investors who are location independent, living in another country as an expatriate, or planning to migrate to an offshore jurisdiction.
- • If you are a stock and/or forex trader, you can protect your intellectual property (e.g. Trading strategies or stock picks) by trading offshore.
For more benefits, please read this blog post.
How to do offshore investing - legally ?
It's easy to get started :
- Firstly, you need to choose the best offshore bank.
- Secondly, sign up and choose the services that you require (e.g. Forex trading, wealth management, etc.)
- Thirdly, start investing and protecting your assets.
Although it seems simple, there is one aspect that you should focus on: How to do offshore investing legally.
As you might already read on mainstream media, offshore investing is often deemed as 'evil' – which is far from the truth.
It's true that some individuals and companies are investing offshore illegally - “thanks” to the investor- and business-friendly laws and regulations of the offshore jurisdictions. However, we shouldn't generalize things. It's all coming back to your true intention – and conscience - with your investment decisions.
So, how to do it legally ?
- Cheap prices shouldn't be your top priority. Partner with trusted offshore service provider that offer you top-notch advice and services (how to choose?)
- Choose offshore jurisdictions that can offer you various asset management services and products that is not available in your home country.
- Understand and comply your home country's laws and regulations, especially reporting laws for taxation purposes.
- Understand what type of investments you can acquire with/without the need to report to your home country's tax officials.
- And lastly and most importantly, your intent matters. If you want to go offshore for doing illegal activities, you are raising a red flag and putting your assets at risk.
Offshore investing can be as legal or illegal as you want. It's just a type of investing which can be powerful for everyone with every motive.
As we are against money laundering and tax evasion practices, we only offer our services to trusted and ethical clients. Always consult with your trusted lawyers before making any decisions. You can also consult with us to learn what we can and can't do for you.